As of 2017, 19 states have not expanded Medicaid to include the working poor of our country. Despite the fact that the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) will fund states to do so, they deny their own citizens access to health insurance that saves lives. These politically based decisions being made at the state level have great cost and no actual benefit.
- Lowers the number of uninsured and helps people become healthier
- Creates new jobs in the health care industry and boosts state economies
- Saves everyone money by lowering health care costs for all
- Lowers insurance premiums for everyone by reducing uncompensated care
- Most importantly, it saves lives!
This book is a critical examination of the causes and effects
of these political decisions.
Profusely illustrated and written by
Health Care Advocate Gary M. Votour, this book will change
how you view partisan politics in the United States
by explaining the human costs of political warfare
in modern America.
Map of Contiguous United States
Showing Potential Lives Lost in Each State
(Blue States Have Expanded Medicaid, Red States Have Not)